Shandrani Resort & Spa
Three beaches. 70 acres of gardens. And some of the island's best snorkelling at Blue Bay Marine Park. Shandrani Resort & Spa is the pure, perfect essence of Mauritius.
You’ll find everything on which Mauritius’ reputation is built – pristine beaches, lush tropical gardens and crystal clear waters – at its very finest at Shandrani Resort & Spa.
The hotel is in the unspoilt south of the island, surrounded by 70 acres of gardens. Offshore, the reefs of the Blue Bay Marine Park teem with tropical life and beg to be swum, sailed or snorkelled. Onshore, life can be an energetic whirl of activity, a relaxing base of tranquillity (courtesy of the Spa by Clarins) or a little of both.
And thanks to the Serenity Plus all-inclusive concept, you can enjoy spacious accommodation, á la carte and fine dining, buffet meals and a huge selection of internationally branded drinks - including champagne by the glass from 6pm – all in your package price.
Soak up the very best of Mauritius, at Shandrani Resort & Spa.
Every room at Shandrani is spacious, welcoming and scattered among the award-winning gardens. And with 3 beaches, no room is every more than a short stroll from the unspoilt sands.
All suites include:
- King size and twin beds
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Private bathroom with bathtub, shower and WC
- Free Wi-Fi
- International direct dialling telephone
- Television with satellite channels
- Complimentary tea & coffee facilities
A no smoking hotel: The Shandrani luxury hotel, Mauritius operates a no smoking policy throughout its suites, restaurants, bars and public areas.
Quality and choice is at the heart of the Serenity Plus fully all-inclusive concept at Shandrani. Every restaurant is included in the package, including three restaurants which offer á la carte or fine dining. There's champagne by the glass from 6pm, an impressive wine list including over 40 carefully selected wines, soft drinks and imported spirits.
Occasionally the hotel may use one of its restaurants for a group booking and, post-Easter to September, the hotel may close two of its restaurants.
Day: Casual is fine.
Evening: Restaurants prefer guests to be smart-casual - shirts and trousers (full length) for the men please.
Le Grand Port
The hotel's main restaurant specialises in mouth-watering Creole and Oriental influenced buffet-style cuisine from its live cooking stations. It’s a relaxed atmosphere (to match the food) with wooden decking stretching towards the beach and around the pool, and glorious views over the pool and lagoon. Open for breakfast between 7.00am and 10.00am, lunch between 1.00pm and 3.00pm and dinner between 6.30 and 9.30. Seats 320.
Le Sirius Grill & Bar
Enjoy tropical á la carte cuisine throughout the day, from this restaurant overlooking the hotel’s second pool. Open for breakfast between 7.30am and 10.00am, lunch between 12.15pm and 2.30pm and dinner (by reservation only) from 7.00pm – 10.00. Seats 150.
At the heart of Shandrani Resort & Spa’s thriving entertainment area, The Porto Vecchio has a bustling atmosphere to match. Make your choice from a tempting range of Mediterranean á la carte cuisine. Open for lunch between 12.15pm and 2.45pm and á la carte dinner 7.00pm and 10.00. Seats 100.
Teak Elephant may be small, but it boasts a wide-ranging, fine dining taster menu that changes weekly, filled with the flavours and spices of Thailand. Available for guests over 12 years old, the restaurant is open between 7.00pm and 10.00pm. Seats 40.
Eating at Teak Elephant: Shandrani tries to ensure all guests have an equal opportunity to dine at all the resort’s restaurants. That can present an issue at Teak Elephant where space is limited. Book your table with the restaurant reservations team as soon as you can, and please be aware that you may be limited to dining at this restaurant just once during your stay.
Blue Bay Bar
A highlight of a Shandrani day is the serving of delicious pancakes, snacks and tea and coffee every day between 3.00pm and 5.00pm. The rest of the day, from 10.00am to 11.30, the Blue Bay Bar is the place for cool drinks overlooking the hotel’s main pool.
Le Sirius Bar
Next to the second pool, overlooking the lagoon, and a perfect spot for snacks and pancakes between 3.00pm and 5.00pm. Open 10.00am to 10.00pm, at Le Sirius Restaurant.
All-inclusive takes on a whole new meaning at Shandrani Resort & Spa. Shandrani Serenity Plus puts á la carte dining, a huge selection of wines and drinks - including champagne by the glass from 6.00pm - and a wide range of land and water-based activities, and presents them to you in one enormous all-inclusive bundle.
Even better, you don’t need to wait for check-in to start getting the most from Serenity Plus. The benefits are available from the moment you arrive until 6.00pm on the day of your departure.
Dining, Meals and Snacks
- Breakfast at Le Grand Port or Le Sirius restaurants
- Lunch at Le Grand Port, Le Sirius or Porto Vecchio Restaurants
- Dinner in a choice of up to four restaurants - Le Grand Port, Porto Vecchio, Le Sirius or Teak Elephant. Teak Elephant is an adults only restaurant and due to its small and intimate size, guests may be limited to dining at this restaurant once during their stay.
- Snacks from all bars between 15:00 and 17:00
- Pancakes at Blue Bay Bar between 15:00 and 17:00
- Unlimited selected premium branded drinks from Blue Bay Bay, Sirius Bar and at the restaurants - including a selection of imported brands.
- Champagne by the glass from 6pm
- Selected bottled wine from the wine list during lunch and dinner
- Beach trolley and poolside service
- Drinks from the mini bar in your room: beers, soft drinks, juices and water
Sports, Relaxation and Children's Clubs
- Numerous free land sports including 6 floodlit tennis courts (equipment free, balls need to be purchased), a 9 hole pitch and putt golf course (equipment free, balls need to be purchased), volleyball court and bocci ball, mountain bikes, group golf and tennis lessons as per hotel schedule
- Numerous free water sports including unlimited waterskiing, glass bottomed boats, pedalloes, kayaks, snorkelling, sailing, windsurfing
- Gym, including group aerobics classes and sauna
- Collective lessons of golf, tennis, aerobics as per the hotel schedule
- Bob Marlin Mini Club for children aged 3 to 12 years
At an additional charge
- Speciality wines, spirits and beverages
- Drinks outside of bar opening hours: Blue Bay Bar after 23:30 and Le Sirius Bar after 22:00
- Tray charge for room service
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Telephone, fax, internet and postal services
- Scuba diving, deep sea fishing, catamaran cruises , Shandrani Sailing School and the Beachcomber Sports and Nature programmes (hiking, biking, kayaking and abseiling). Golf and tennis balls.
- La Source Spa by Clarins and La Source Wellness treatments, hairdresser and beautician costs.
Take the stress and strain out of every long flight or active day with a trip to the Shandrani Spa by Clarins. You’ll find the spa and wellness centre in the beautiful gardens, where a host of treatments and facilities are ready to soothe, relax and rejuvenate.
SPA & WELLNESS BY CLARINS
La Source Spa by Clarins
- 2 Saunas
- 2 Hammams
- 5 Single massage cabins
- 2 Double massage cabins
- 1 Balneotherapy room
- 1 Hydrotherapy room
- 1 Room dedicated to facial treatments
- 1 Beauty cabin
- 1 Hair salon
- 1 Bar (water and iced tea)
La Source Wellness by Clarins
- 14 Single massage cabins
- 3 Double massage cabins
- 1 Shiatsu room
- 2 Ayurvedic rooms
- 1 Pool
- 1 Sauna
- 1 Hammam
- 1 Bar (water and iced tea)
Holidays come packed with action at Shandrani. On land, on the water and beneath it, you’ll find a huge variety of ways to spend your day, including a sailing school, the Beachcomber Sports & Nature Programme and the only National Geographic PADI-Diving Centre in the Indian Ocean.
Even better, most of the activities at Beachcomber Hotels are included in your package – including water-skiing.
With 6 floodlit tennis hardcourts there’s more chance to play at Shandrani. Weekly free group tennis lessons provide a chance to brush up on your backhand, and there’s a pro on hand if you’d prefer private tuition. Head tennis racket hire is complimentary, with a charge for tennis balls.
Try table tennis, volley ball and bocciball (it’s like boules). There’s also a 9-hole pitch and putt golf course, although we’d suggest packing your own golf balls. You can buy them on site but they are a little pricy in Mauritius. Mountain bikes are also available for hire so you can explore more of the island.
Free machines and weights – together with a programme of aerobic classes – help you keep in shape during your stay.
Shandrani’s Blue Bay location makes it one of the finest spots in Mauritius to take to the water. Water-skiing, windsurfing, sailing, glass bottom boat trips, snorkelling trips, kayaks and pedal boats are all included in your package. You can also enrol on weekly free group windsurfing and sailing lessons.
The only National Geographic PADI-Diving Centre in the Indian Ocean is at Shandrani Resort & Spa.
An exciting programme of dives let you discover the ancient wrecks that pepper Mauritius’ southern coast, the island’s pristine reefs, and the dazzling array of tropical fish that make them their home.
Shandrani Sailing Club
Aimed at new sailors or those who wish to develop their skills, The Shandrani Sailing Club is a chance to attain a beginner’s level of proficiency with just one hour’s sailing a day over 5 days. The club is a member of the Mauritius Yachting Association and is accredited by the International Sailing Federation (ISAF). Lessons are for 6 years old and up, and you can choose to learn in optimist (for younger sailors), laser or hobie class.
Please note, there is a small additional charge for sailing club lessons.
Deep Sea Fishing in Mauritius
In season, there’s spectacular deep sea fishing to be had in Mauritius’ waters. We recommend a fishing charter company in Black River (in the south-west of the island) for half and full day trips on fully equipped specialist fishing boats. For more information on boats and prices and to make a reservation, please call or email us.
Beachcomber Sport and Nature
The Beachcomber Sport & Nature Programme offers a choice of energetic activities designed to help you discover the best of unspoilt Mauritius. Treks are never competitive – instead they’re a chance to test yourself, spend time together as a couple or family, and get under the skin of this magical island.
Each half-day excursion offers something different, but whether you find yourself mountain biking, trekking, canoeing or canyoning, you’ll be doing it with fully-qualified instructors, using safe, well-maintained equipment, and only to your level of skill and confidence.
There is an additional cost for the Beachcomber Sport & Nature programme at Shandrani Resort & Spa.
Beachcomber Hotels work hard to create a family holiday on Mauritius tailored to every member of the family. The Bob Marlin Mini Club at Shandrani is the perfect way to keep younger members of the family entertained, with a daily programme of indoor and outdoor activities offering an energising mix of the fun and educational.
The club is free and welcomes children aged 3 - 12 years, 7 days a week, 9.00am – 10.00pm (closed between 4.30pm and 6.00pm).
The mini club is run by qualified professionals, and activities are designed with flexibility in mind, so while you’re relaxing the children can enjoy as much as they like, but they’ll always be free to join you whenever family time beckons.
Under 3s must be accompanied by an adult or baby sitter.
In the Bob Marlin Mini-Club provides the following:
- Indoor games
- Personalised welcome (registration and information)
- Gift on arrival
- Entertainment and shows
- Organisation of birthday parties
- DVD/CD player
- First aid kit
- Nurse on premises or doctor within immediate proximity
- Babysitters are available - 24 hours advanced notice required - at an extra charge - bookings to be made at Reception - transport at guests' charge.